THE remains discovered yesterday have been identified as Brian Laundrie.
Brian’s cause of death is not yet known.
Two senior law enforcement officials told NBC that a human skull was found among the skeletal remains that were discovered yesterday. The FBI confirmed the discovery.
Authorities said a backpack and notebook were also found near the area.
The park will remain closed as investigators work over the next several days, the FBI said.
It is a month since Gabby Petito’s remains were found in Wyoming.
It comes after Laundrie’s parents found items they believe belonged to him as they joined the hunt in the creek.
Earlier this week, Gabby Petito’s fiancé was possibly captured by surveillance video cycling over rough terrain, a local resident claims.
He told TMZ the footage shows a man who looks like 23-year-old Laundrie pass through the outskirts of his property in Dunnellon on October 9.
The small Florida town is three hours north of Laundrie’s home in North Port.
Read our Brian Laundrie live blog for the latest news and updates…
- WHAT WAS FOUND AT THE RESERVE ON WEDNESDAY?
- Speculation was mounting online as to what “articles” of Brian Laundrie’s were found by investigators inside a Florida nature reserve on Wednesday in a crucial development in the search for the fugitive.His parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, were at the 24,000-acre park assisting with a police search when a number of unspecified articles belonging to Laundrie were found.The FBI announced in a press conference that they discovered backpack and a notebook that belonged to Brian Laundrie.The articles were carried away from the scene in a white plastic bag that appeared to be partially torn.
- ‘WATER TO CHEST
- ‘The sheriff’s office revealed that it was searching through water up to chest level and battling against rattlesnakes and alligators in the search for Brian Laundrie before the remains were found.”Law enforcement community came together and I’m proud to be a part of that,” the sheriff said.
- REMAINS WERE PREVIOUSLY SUBMERGED
- According to reports, partial human remains found on Wednesday were in an area previously submerged.A backpack was also found nearby.
- ‘PARENTS HAD ASSUMED EXPERTS WOULD FIND BRIAN
- ‘Asked why Brian Laundrie’s parents waited until Wednesday to search for their son, their attorney said that the park had not been open to the public before Tuesday.The reserve had been shuttered to the public while local and federal law enforcement pursued clues to tracking the fugitive.Once opened, parents joined search teams in the morning for the first time together. “The parents had assumed that the experts, the FBI and all the tracking teams they had, would be able to locate Brian based upon the information that we had provided them to the specific areas and trails in the park that Brian liked to visit,” lawyer Bertolino told CNN’s Chris Cuomo.Earlier this month, Brian’s father Chris spent a little over three hours at the reserve to offer insight about his son’s favored trails and campsites.
- BRIAN’S PARENTS COULD’VE AIDED COPS TO FIND REMAINS
- Before they were confirmed to be Brian Laundrie’s, former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani said that if the remains found on Wednesday turned out to be Brian’s body, his parents Chris and Roberta will likely be vindicated – despite angry protesters and commentators claiming they have been obstructing justice.“The fact they may have led investigators to their son’s possessions and possibly his remains – that all undercuts the argument that they were aiding and abetting his escape,” Rahmani said.Rahmani added: “That leads me to believe they’ve been cooperative and not the other way around.”
- ‘The Laundrie family lawyer, Steve Bertolino called it “hogwash” to suggest the parents planted Brian’s possessions in the swamp, explaining that they were being shadowed by reporters and police.
SEVEN BODIES FOUND IN SEARCHES FOR BRIAN AND GABBY
Seven bodies were reportedly discovered in the searches for Brian and Gabby.
- DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER SAYS SEARCH ‘SEEMS OVER
- ‘Dog said on Wednesday: “We are praying for Gabby’s family as yet another day ends with seemingly more questions than answers though it does seem the search for Brian is indeed over. Grateful to the authorities who are working to process the evidence as quickly as possible.“There will be time to ask questions like what was the extent of the Laundries’ involvement in aiding Brian, how exactly did the discovery of belongings happen today, did the looming possibility of potential indictments prompt more cooperation, and so forth. Now we wait.”
LYSSA CHAPMAN BLUNTLY SHARES UPDATE
Lyssa Chapman, the daughter of Dog the Bounty Hunter, shared the update that the remains found in Florida were confirmed to be Brian Laundrie’s in a blunt update to her Twitter followers.
Those who sought the truth and justice in the case of Gabby Petito have expressed disappointment in the discovery of human remains.